Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm going to be a cooking machine!

So it was freezing today! Where is the warm weather? I'm excited Saturday will officially be Spring, I'm ready to wear some bright colored clothing.

So as most of you know, I'm a frugal woman (the past year or so anyway) and I love my coupon binder. I've been a little slacker lately when it comes to cooking and we have been eating out a LOT! We've just been so busy running errands here and there and we are hardly ever home around dinner and sometimes lunch time as well. It's amazing how $30-$40 meals sometimes twice a day add up!  So we've set a goal of only eating out once a week and get back to my frugal ways when it comes to cooking. So if anyone has any good recipes send them my way, I always like to try something new. I've gotten a few new cookbooks lately and I'm ready to see how they do. I'm hoping this blog will keep us faithful :) No more Chili's, LongHorn, Cracker Barrel, Danny's BBQ etc. Oh how you will be missed.....

1 comment:

  1. Val- I agree with you. It is expensive to eat out and I get so upset when the food and service is not up to par with my expectations. I do a lot of cooking and even more when Clay’s home.
    Try Ourbestbites.com, Kelly told me about that site and I love it. They have lots of great meal ideas and recipes. Another good tip, I make a weekly menu and stick to it. No surprise trips to the store and no extra money out of pocket. Have you tried “pantry cooking”? That’s where you fix meals with 95% of ingredients out of your pantry or freezer. Another big money saver is shopping at a warehouse store, like Sam’s Club. I split my membership with my sister (it saves you the full $40 membership fee and because we know our husband’s will never go there alone and do the shopping) and I buy all my big ticket items there, TP, paper towels, napkins, pull-ups, in addition to pantry staple items once a month.
    Hope this helps with saving you money! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete